Monday, February 15, 2010

All the pretty things



I don't quite have the closet of Christina Aguilera and I'm no Carrie Bradshaw either, but I do think every women should have an accessories closet if possible. That is exactly what I was thinking when I was trying to figure how on earth I was going to share a closet with David and have a space for my shoes. See, I'm one of those people who don't keep shoe boxes, my mom always nagged me about that. I like to see my shoes. Well, it takes me forever to figure out what I'm gonna wear each day, I don't have the time to go through several different shoe boxes. If that happened everyday, then it would pretty much look like a tornado would hit sanders street at least two maybe three times a week! Given that knowledge and rather than making David move his closet to the office, I decided that our guest room walk-in closet is going to be our accessories closet. It contains all of our shoes, my jewelry, hats, scarves, etc. Plus there is still room for guests to hang any clothes that might need to be hung during their stay at our house. We haven't had any guests yet, but when we do I will need to get myself together before hand and have all that I need for those weekends so they won't be disturb. We don't have guests very much so it won't be much of an issue and we don't plan on extending our family anytime soon so that isn't anything to worry about anyways! Here is our (my) accessories closet, I think there are a few more things that I want to do in there like change out that nasty light-pull string!



 

See tons of space on the other side of the closets for guests belongings! Now that I have that closet done I went on to work on the other doozy. Our dining room closet. I'm not sure if this goes for the same as all couples when they marry, but we got a lot of serving platters. Chip and dip bowls, salad bowls, snack trays, silver platters, glass, ceramic...you name it, we got it. We can certainly whip up a nice appetizer spread and tablescape. No but seriously, I love all of my serving pieces and I so happy and thankful that all of our friends and family are thoughtful to Dave and me. But here is what was awaiting me a few days ago. 


 

Ok. Remember people this is a work-in-progress! Don't judge the mess! Side Note: You may have noticed that we still don't have window treatments. I promise to ourselves and our dear neighbors who we've still yet to meet as well that I'm getting window treatments ASAP! But take a look at our sweet storage closet! It has everything that I need and I can see everything too. All my serving pieces, china, flower vases, plus those small appliances you don't use everyday all available at my fingertips!






Now look at the living room, not too much better but you can see underneath the table. Oh, anyone need a table for college activities...feel free to let me know. I'm dying to get rid of it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment