- Standard design needs for both Bathrooms:
- Since the tile in both bathrooms seem to be in good shape we decided to keep the tile. We would like to replace the vanity or raise it some how and paint it a solid white to match the tile better. It is very short standard and isn't very useful. After the wallpaper disaster Dave and I thought it would be the most economical to put up "wayne scotting" or that wood-paneling with a chair molding to finish it off. I'm not sure what you call this technique, maybe David can shed some light on the subject for me. I was thinking that I could find some sort of textured wallpaper, like a linen or something, so that we wouldn't have to do so much preliminary work on the walls. I would like to raise the shower curtains in both bathrooms pretty much to the ceiling so they will look larger and using a solid white, waffle-cotton shower curtain will complete the polished look.
- The Guest Bathroom color scheme will be white, yellow and black. I think I might add a small chandelier to add a bit of class.
- The Master Bathroom will be a little more casual. It will still have the same wood-paneling, molding and textured wallpaper but since the tile is blue, it would be best to pair it with chocolate browns, white. I will need to add some kind of shelving because right now David has no place to keep his q-tips and other manly grooming products! Well who am I kidding, the shelving idea is for me and I'll make David put what little stuff he does have there.
- Color Scheme: Blue, white/ivory, brown and coral. For the walls, we chose a light blue color called Tropical Mist by Valspar with white trim. Our bedding is from Pottery Barn, its called Audrey from their organic collection. I love it because it isn't a solid color but it isn't so busy it gives your a headache. We'll be pairing it with the Sandalwood Pick-Stitch Quilt and Sham. I have also ordered special euro shams too. I have to make our headboard since I wouldn't let David keep our previous headboard which was from his childhood bedroom. The headboard will be a upholstered with a light brown fabric with small gold dots which will contrast well with the Audrey bedding. I'm pretty excited about decorating our bedroom!
- The Guest Bedroom color scheme will be black, tan, orange, green. The one word that I am thinking for our guest room is BOLD. I want this room to be fun and happy because we want our guest to be excited that they are in Auburn for the weekend and they are staying with the Simons, what wouldn't be better than that?!
- We are going to reuse the Churchill Hotel Wheat again because I think it will go nicely with the bedding that I have picked our for the room. Its colorful and will contrast well with the black furniture. The bedding is of course from Pottery Barn and its organic...
- I would like to paint random images on small canvas using the colors from the fabric in the bedding.
- window treatments: I can't decide if I should put up white roman blinds or if I should have some sort of drapery.
- Color Scheme: Green, brown, creams, Florida Orange and Auburn Navy. A sage/moss green color for the walls. Our furniture will be a collection of hand-me-downs, the desk which is maple brown was from Dave's moms house, love seat is apart of the living room furniture and a maple brown bookshelf from Dave's apartment. We have these vintage Auburn and UF calendars that I plan to frame and create a collage. I would like to buy more wall shelves from Ikea to mount above the desk for better organization for our random assortments of nick-nacks and my art supplies.
As you can see we got a lot of work to do.