Thursday, April 15, 2010

Photo Collages

There are several different variations when it comes to creating your own photo collage. It all depends on your particular style, how you want to showcase your gallery and what area you have to work with. You can go with black and white photography or color, it all depends on what kind of statement you want. You could go for something very symmetrical.


Or you go with something very asymmetrical.



 


Your collage could possibly have more than just photography. Add a canvas or two. Have a four leaf clover, a map, a concert/play ticket stub, or something that might mean something to you or you just happen to like it? Throw it up there. Get creative with it. Your frames can match in style or color or if you if have a collection of different frames, lay them out all together and see what looks good to you. Keep in the area that you are working with. You want to get creative with your collage, but there is a point when you need to edit. Take a step back and think. Maybe take something away or change its placement. But when it comes down to it, do what you think works best. I tried to do my very own photo collage in our bedroom. First I took a measurement of the area of wall I had to work with and then I just started playing around with it. I laid everything out on the floor and once I was happy with my layout, I took a picture so I could remember. Some people like to measure everything and get very technical. I would do that with a very symmetrical collage. Anytime that I don't have to deal with math the better I'll be and the better David will be. 




I wanted to add a shadow box of our wedding announcement and other wedding stuff. With a little bit of white spray paint, I pulled everything together. Here's take two and I'm ready to hang! It was super easy and it add instant charm to any room!


Photo example courtesy of Little Green Notebook and Young House Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment